Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Urban reThink

I apologize to my non-Orlando readers, but this post probably won't be of much interest to you.

Some of you may or may not know that Urban Think, the downtown (near Lake Eola) indie bookstore closed a few months ago. The space is owned/leased by The Urban Think! Foundation, and they are currently working on making it into "a modern "think" space for emerging creative professionals and the greater Orlando community."

Which I think is pretty freakin cool.

You can learn more about it at http://www.urbanrethink.com/, but the reason for this post is: I would like you all to fill out their (anonymous) survey because I want them to know there are writers in the Orlando area who would appreciate the use of this space. You can also vote on the new name and sign up to receive email updates.

And this isn't just of use to writers. I believe they're wanting to support all creative types - photographers, artists, sculptors, poets, screenwriters, fashion designers - maybe graphic designers, dancers or actors too.

This is the most excited I've been about something happening locally in a long time. I've been hoping for something like this since I read this blog post on Fuel Your Writing about writing centers. I can't wait to see it develop!!

(And if anyone involved with the Urban Think! Foundation or Page15 or Urban reThink sees this, I would love to get involved!)

1 comments:

Hey Sarah,

Glad to see your post, and that you're excited about our new (to-be-named) center. I've been involved since the beginning of the year, and I see more possibilities every time we get together to make plans. Go ahead and send me email rprice [AT] ryanpricemedia.com and I'll make sure you get invited to our next membership pow-wow.

Also, make sure you say something to that effect in the survey. We watch those pretty closely as well.