Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Breaking Records at the Hunger Games

On Wednesday, the ladies over at YA Highway do a thing called Road Trip Wednesday where many people write about the same topic. This week's topic? 

What would you do to impress the Hunger Game judges?  (NO SPOILERS. If you event hint at a spoiler I will kick you in the shin - which you probably won't fear after reading this blog post, but whatever)

HAHAHAHA! Oh man. Let me just start by saying that me in the Hunger Games would be a very bad idea. The Capitol may even outlaw it because it would be underwhelmingly entertaining.

I'd like to say that I would totally kick butt and win the whole thing - but that would be a bold-faced lie. For those who haven't spent time with me IRL, I'm a huge klutz. I can't even walk down a hallway without running into one or two walls. 

Maybe one talent that might help me in the Hunger Games is the fact that I seem to know everyone. I'd probably get a lot of neat gifts. (Speaking of gifts, check out my Book Giveaway. hehe, and I'm not above shameless self-promotion) But then, I'd be an even bigger target because all the Careers from Districts 1 & 2 would kill me just to get the gifts.

It's not just that I don't have any physical grace - it's more like such a lack of grace that it becomes a disability. In fact, I'd probably set a new game record or two. It'd go something like this:

Announcer 1: 3...2...1...
Death-cannon: BOOM! BOOM!
Announcer 1: Did Sarah N. Fisk just die before any other tribute even got off their starting positions?
Announcer 2: I believe she did, Bob. In fact, her destruction was so complete that she managed to take another tribute out with her.
Announcer 1: Outstanding, Steve. Bye-bye District 42.
Announcer 2: *hearty laugh*

Hm. Yeah. I'm going to go sign up for archery lessons now... In the meantime, leave me a comment with what you think your Hunger Games survival skill is?

Oh, and if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, get thee to a bookstore!

The Hunger GamesCatching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

4 comments:

Bob and Steve's commentary just cracked me up.

 

ROFL That commentary is awesome.

I'm a total klutz, too. I'd probably be the first contestant to kill myself by tripping or something lame.

 

Don't underestimate the power of knowing everyone! It works for politicians.

 

Being a klutz could work to your advantage!
Someone shoots at you...
You trip and fall....
Certain death averted!
:D