Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Janice Hardy's Blue Fire

Hello!

I know I've been neglecting my blog lately but I've just been SO busy. With working full-time at Rotech, part-time at Gaylord, Foundation work and writing, there's not even enough time to sleep, let alone post here.

So what pulls me out of my blog-hibernation? Janice Hardy's second book in the Healing Wars trilogy, Blue Fire, is due out October 5th. I can't wait! And there's a chance I might not have to. Because she's giving away an ARC on her website. (That's a link to the contest, but don't bother because I'm going to win! ;-))

The Healing Wars: Book II: Blue Fire

If we've ever talked about YA books, you've probably heard me talk about The Shifter, the first in the series. Because it's amazing. You can read my very short review on Goodreads, but I'll just say here that it is a great book. Imaginative, well-told and non-stop action. There are even explosions (we all know how much I love explosions)! And BONUS, Janice is really nice and is tireless in her efforts to help other writers via her blog.

The Healing Wars: Book I: The Shifter

Also, check out this anthology that Janice and her crit group put together, Eight Against Reality AND the Kickstarter program for the publisher of Eight Against Reality, Panverse Publishing here.

So if you're looking for a great YA fantasy, I highly recommend you read The Shifter. And I'm not just saying that because of the contest (which you should enter as long as you agree to let me borrow Blue Fire if you win). It's a great book and I'm looking forward to all of Janice's future books! (And aren't those covers awesome??)

0 comments: