- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
2) Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4) Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
And with that recipe, Recipe Month is officially over. I'm really glad I did this, but I'm also really glad it's over. Deciding on and making a new recipe every day became tiring - but I discovered a whole bunch of new recipes that I will probably make time and time again.
I have begun Workout Before Work Month, with limited success. On the first day, I forgot to change my alarm time and woke up late so I only had 15 minutes. And I had to walk Hannah. Her walks are more like "walk three inches, stop, repeat."
However, on Friday, I woke up early enough and Jasper and I went on a 30 minute brisk walk on the lake behind our apartment. And I have to tell you a secret, Dear Readers: I liked it. Well, once I got over the overwhelming "I DON'T WANT TO GET OUT OF BED" feeling, I liked it. Jasper thought it was The Best Thing Ever and I was fully awake when I got to work. I think you all should try this thing with me!
On Monday, even though I didn't work, Charlie and I took our dogs for a walk around the neighborhood relatively early in the morning (for me, anyway). Today, I ruined it by being too tired to get out of bed. I stayed out a little too late last night. *shrug* Oh well. Tomorrow's another day :-)