Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Apparently, the 31st is the last day in May

I realized last night at approximately 11:02 PM that May was ending. And, Dear Readers, I was SAD! Post Card Month was awesome. It’s one of the Months that I will probably continue on in my regular life (just not every day!). I even already ordered more postcards. I got back in touch with so many people – all because of 2 or 3 sentences written on a little piece of cardstock.

I highly recommend it.

After recovering from the sudden feeling of loss, I realized I needed to decide what month June should be. This wasn’t easy. There aren’t many left to choose from – at least I feel like there aren’t. So I just asked my sister. What was her answer? You can probably guess that one:

Recipe Month!

Shocking, really. The person who lives with me wants me to try a different recipe every day.

This month is going to be somewhat of a challenge because I’m also trying to lose some weight. So, if you have any great low-cal or low-fat recipes, please send 'em my way. And even if you just have some great fatty recipes, I want those too (for cheat days). :-)

Rules:
- It can be any kind of recipe - whether it's just a different way to put a sandwich together or a smoothie all the way up to a complicated masterpiece.
- I can never have made the recipe before. (Though there's no rule against trying one I've only eaten before!)
- There aren't many rules this time.

3 comments:

PS: If you send me a recipe, you're giving me implied consent to post it on this blog - along with my comments and pictures. I will, of course, give you credit

 

Hunza Bread:
2 cups water
2 pounds natural buckwheat flour
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup unrefined sugar
8 ounces of honey
8 ounces of molasses
2 ounces powdered soya milk
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix ingredients, grease and lightly flour cooking pan. Use baking trays with about 1 inch high sides, pour patter in pan, bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour. The original recipe then called for allowing the bread to dry in the oven for another 2 hours at 90 degrees. Cut into 2x2 inch squares.

It makes a great diet food, keeps well too.

- Jacob Spitz