Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Pics: I've Been Busy

I haven't posted a pic since Sunday, so I have a little catch-up to do.

Monday's picture is of an apartment complex's leasing/clubhouse area. I don't even remember which one. After a while, they all look the same. They have a sort of faux elegance that (I guess) is supposed to convince you they are, in fact, a 'luxury' complex. I've looked at 30 apartment complexes this week (Some of them were in I'm-just-going-to-lock-my-doors-and-keep-driving areas so I didn't look at 30 apartments). I have some tips for the folks who come up with the marketing materials.
  • If EVERY complex says they have "luxury" apartments, the word doesn't mean anything anymore. Come up with something else.
  • Calling an apartment that looks at a retention pond "lake view" and then saying you're going to charge me extra for this "wonderful" view makes me want to punch you in the face. Lucky for you, I have a great imagination and simply imagining this act makes me feel better.
  • On a related note, having an upgrade charge for ANY floor you choose is kinda ridiculous.
  • You cannot say that a 2-bedroom with 900 sq feet is an "open, spacious floorplan." Unless you're in NYC. Which you're not.
  • What exactly does "resort-style" pool mean? Because you all say you have one, but some are really crappy so I'm confused.
  • Three machines does not translate to "state-of-the-art fitness center."
  • Don't advertise that you have a clubhouse if the residents can't actually use it.
  • Do not have your leasing agents say something like: "You really should put down a deposit today because these are going so fast!" Um, I know that Orlando's apartment, condo, and house vacancy rate is 28%. Remember what I said about wanting to punch you in the face?
End rant. On a brighter note, I may soon be sharing an apartment with one of my favorite people: Chelsea. (In addition to K. Don't worry, I haven't been able to get rid of her yet ;-) )


**********************************************************************************

Tuesday's pic is of the wonderful weather we had Tuesday night. Beautiful, isn't it? I got soaked running from Barnes and Noble to my car. Approximately 15 minutes after this picture was taken, I was snuggled in my bed with two adorable puppies. THAT is how you deal with this kind of weather.




*********************************************************************************
To describe Wednesday's picture, I'm going to have to rehash some of Rachael Leigh Cook's immortal words: This is your brain. This is what happens to your brain after watching LOST.

And doesn't Jasper look as happy as a clam in this picture? (Or as Kayelee would say, he's a clam-face) He <3's David. And Andrew. And Chelsea. And Sam. And Aaron. And just about everyone who comes over except JM and people who yell a lot.



*********************************************************************************

I haven't taken today's picture yet. Also, I'm going to be in Cincinnati (RANDOM side note: this is the first time I've spelled that city correctly the first time I tried - and I've been typing it for weeks. Yay me.) this weekend for a Foundation meeting, so I'm going to have LOTS of new material for my pictures.

See you on the flip side! :-)

0 comments: