Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Pic: Two Days of Pics

Let's be fair: I said I would take a pic every day, not that I would post it to my blog every day... I took a picture yesterday but finally got home at 1 AM after being awake for 30 hours straight - and then got kidnapped by K this morning to help her film stuff for her blog - so I'm posting today's and yesterday's pictures here now.
Today's picture is the first from Picture Month that I'm actually in! Yesterday I went to Gainesville for a Phi Sigma Rho Family and Alumnae event at Lake Wauburg. There were more girls there, but these are all we could round up for the picture; some of them were at the rock climbing wall.

I had a fun time hanging out with some old friends (most of the girls I knew have left by now) and meeting some new Phi Rhos. One girl came up to me and said, "I heard you were one of our founders." Heather said, "She's THE founder*." The girl said, "Oh, well it's nice to meet you. I'm Michelle" Then she giggled**. It was cute.

*Most of the people who knew me from college knew this, but the people who have met me since or know me from high school don't. In 2003 I started a local chapter of Phi Sigma Rho, a national engineering sorority. You can read more about it on the Phi Rho-Tau About Us page and in this guest blog I wrote for the national sorority.
**Phi Rhos don't generally giggle. At least, as far as most of us will admit.

********************************************************************

Today, my sister and I went gallivanting around the Orlando area filming footage for her blog. We had fun... you'll have to watch her blog over the next few weeks to figure out exactly how much fun :-)

Today's picture also has me in it! This is a replica of the "Fountain of Youth." It's in the St Augustine area of Gaylord Palms, attached to the scaled replica of Castillo de San Marcos.

0 comments: