Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Pic: Leu Gardens

On the first Monday of every month, Leu Gardens offers free admission. It's not quite as good as MoBot, but it's still a fun place to visit - especially for free! Most of the people there during the weekdays are single moms, retired people and photographers.

This picture is of a cactus that has been cut off. I thought it was neat. You can see all the pictures from my visit on Facebook.

I'm not quite sure why, but my favorite section at Leu Gardens is the Arid Garden. At MoBot, it was the Rainforest!

I think maybe it's because desert plants are the bad-a$$es of the plant world. They're all like, "Why doesn't anyone else want to live here with these awesome snakes and lizards? You said it rains three days a year and there's no break from the sun? That's cool. What do you mean you need dirt to grow in, you pansy? I'll settle down in this gravel between these two boulders. Oh yeah, baby, check out this vascular system!"

0 comments: