Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Pic: Easter Basket!

Happy Easter everyone! Kayelee got me a (mini) Easter basket. She couldn't wait until morning so she gave it to me at 12:07 :-) 

I didn't get her an Easter basket, but I did make her no-bake cookies in celebration of her being able to eat sweets again (she gave them up for Lent).

No-bake cookies are something that's been around in our family for a while. They may look a little weird, but they are delish! Here's the recipe if you want to try them yourself: 


No Bake Cookies 
1 stick of butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of cocoa
Mix these four ingredients over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Immediately add:  
2 1/2 cups of oats (old-fashioned)
1/2 cup peanut putter
Fold mixture together.  
Drop on wax paper and chill.

2 comments:

My grandmother used to make this all the time! I haven't had them since 2003 or so, when I brought a batch the first time I met my in-laws. They were not fans of them but, whatever. They don't know cookie awesomeness when they see it!

 

I know, I love them. My mom's been making them as long as I can remember :-)