Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Things I Think You Will Like

It's been far too long since I posted here and since all I'm really doing right now is attempting to hydrate myself enough so that I don't die when I go to the gym in an hour or so, I thought I'd post something.

But what?

So then I thought: Oh, Dear Readers, my blog posts are so often about me. Me, me, me. What about you? Here are some things I (gosh, there I go again) think you might be interested in.

It's no huge secret that many of you are nerds. Or, in the case of my sister, at least have nerd-ish leanings. If you also have some time to kill, I suggest you check out my newest favorite time-suck: the Vlogbrothers, aka Hank and John Green. It's a little hard to explain but they send rather entertaining four minute video messages to each other. The topics are entirely random and usually not at all connected. I can't really explain WHY it's entertaining; it just is - but here's what pushes them past oh-that's-amusing good to i-should-tell-people-about-this great: In addition to being entertaining they are also dedicated to reducing world suck, which is something you all know I'm a rather big fan of.

In case you have been living under a rock with no internet access, here are some pretty gosh-darn entertaining web comics:
Least I Could Do
XKCD
And before you can ask "What about Questionable Content?" let me just say that I stopped reading it when he got super political and superior and I don't care if it's gotten better, I don't want to go back. No really. Stop. You're not going to change my mind. There is too much vying for my time to put up with that kind of crap.

Scrabble. This is a new (or renewed) obsession of mine. I'm not really that good at it, but I do ok. So if you're on Facebook and have a few spare minutes, feel free to start a game with me! The best thing about the Facebook version is that you can play as slowly as you need to! You can play a word, come back a day later and play another word.

Disney's Give a Day Get a Day Program. My sister was lamenting to me the other day about how most Americans won't do anything charitable or humanitarian unless you tell them specifically what to go do AND it doesn't inconvenience them very much. I'm sad to say that I couldn't argue with her. Please click on the link above and give me some ammunition for the argument (technically, I'm showing the incentive, not telling you what to do..) And if, after satisfying your minimum requirement to get your free ticket, you want to continue volunteering your time... well I wouldn't mind at all.

Well, I hope you like this version of Things I Think You Will Like! I've drank so much water that my eyeballs are swimming.

Until next time...

0 comments: