Why would I want to do this? Well.... why not? Each of my ideas so far serve to broaden my horizons and give me a different perspective. Given my current financial situation, I'm only planning on doing things that don't cost more money (i.e. I can't do skydiving cuz it's expensive!); this is subject to change depending on economic shifts. You could argue that I am busy enough, and you might be right. But if the Mayans are right and the world really is going to end in 2012, I don't have much time left to try everything!
Here are some of the ideas I have:
- Vegetarian Month: no meat (not even fish) for a month. I really have no reason to do this and I love bacon, but I want to try. And I'm not going to just eat bread and cheese (though I'm tempted), I'm going to do it right.
- Walk Month: Take a 30 minute minimum walk every day - like a real walk, no treadmills allowed. “Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Non-Fiction Month: Read at least one hour of non-fiction every day.
- Recipe Month: Try a different recipe every day. YUM!
- Month without TV: This may sound horrible to some and weak to others, but I really do enjoy my USA, TNT and Syfy (though I hate the new spelling, if you can call it that). And think of all the things I could do without the boob tube distracting me!
Also, what do you think of this idea? Do you think I'm silly? Anybody want to do it with me?