Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Pet Peeves

I've been staring at this blank screen for 48 minutes, trying to figure out what to write about. Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying my National Blog Posting Month experience, but it's getting difficult to come up with a blog topic every day that won't bore the pants off of you. I just told my sister that I didn't know what to write about today and, after asking what Monday's topic was, she said "How about Walmart not having something in their stores that their website says they have!"

I told her I didn't think I could write a whole post about that, but it did give me an idea about a topic: Pet Peeves.

1) When people put their bare feet on things like coffee tables and my vehicle's dashboard. That's just gross. If you know me at all, you know that I hate feet and you would know better to put your stinky dirty feet on things that I own, touch, or eat off of.

2) When people smoke in posted No Smoking areas. I wrote about this a week ago, so y'all know my feelings. It's bad enough when people smoke in public where there are no policies, but when you light up right under a sign that says "NO SMOKING," you are either an imbecile or an a-hole. Either way, I don't care to know you.

3) When people refuse to use their turn signals. This goes double for when I'm in the car with you and you complain that the person in the next lane won't let you over. How could they know that you want over if you won't turn on your blinker?! DUH

4) When people think I'm lazy because I sleep until 4pm. I went to sleep at 8am, genius. I work third shift; why can't you get that through your thick skull? How many hours did you sleep last night? 10? 12? And I'm the lazy one?

5) When a female main character in fiction is weak. By weak I mean, she's sitting around waiting for a man to make her life interesting, save her, etc. I want to tell her the same thing I would tell her real-life counterpart: Do something.

That's all for today. What are some of your pet peeves?

1 comments:

I agree about the weak female character! That's why I'm very picky on the books I read. That happens a lot less with female authors and when the main character is a female. Its hard to write an entire novel from the a "weak" female's perspective. (excerpt from potential book) day 1, i sat watching the fire waiting for him/her to come. day 2, ditto day 1.