Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Good morning everyone! I am currently trying to prove to my sister that I am capable of making brownies that don't suck (third time's a charm, right?).

Since I switched yesterday's topic with today's, I'm talking about bookish stuff today.

My bookshelf holds these types of books:
Urban Fantasy
YA Urban Fantasy
Epic Fantasy
Hard Sci-Fi
Sci-Fi/ Fantasy
Post-Apocalyptic

and Laurie Halse Anderson.

I finally got around to reading Twisted a few days ago and it was A.  MAZ.  ING. I'm telling you, that woman can certainly write! (Speak was also great, I still haven't gotten around to reading Wintergirls) I loved this book. I read it in one sitting (at work) and kinda wanted to read it again right after.

What's funny is I don't like movies similar to Twisted - teen angst really isn't my thing - but I never thought about reading a book of that kind. The voice is fantastic. The humor is spot-on. The pacing is perfect. While I'm not interested in writing a book like Twisted, I hope to write one as well-written as this is.

I can't say enough about it. Really, I was blown away. If you're looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend anything by Laurie Halse Anderson. (link is her reading a Speak-inspired poem)

BTW, if we are friends on Facebook, you should add the weRead application which allows you to keep a virtual bookshelf, rate books, review books and recommend them to your friends. It's a lot like Good Reads, except you don't have to go to a separate website and make 'friends' all over again.

Until next time...

0 comments: