Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

2009 In Review

2009 was a weird year for me.

I was laid off twice and have been unemployed or underemployed more than not. I moved from St Louis to Tulsa to Orlando. I turned 26, which I think is the age when you finally realize you're no longer a child. I know I still have a lot ahead of me, but there's a lot behind me too. I have had failed relationships, but it truthfully doesn't bother me that much. My grandma died in 2009. It was the first time I had seen someone close to me lie in a casket. It was also the first time I had ever seen my dad cry.

It wasn't all bad though. I finished the first draft of Miranda's Fire and have started on revisions. I met some cool new people and reconnected with some older friends. The Foundation shattered our fundraising record, despite a lagging economy. My sister and I moved in together and, though it hasn't always been peaceful, it's been fun. I spent a week in our Nation's Capitol and it was awesome. I realized I need a job where I care about the work, not just the salary.

So what was your year like? What great experiences did you have? What experiences did you have that you'd rather never repeat? What did you learn? What made you laugh? Cry?

I look forward to 2010 and the promise it holds for me.

0 comments: