Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Crazy Week

For those of you who know me well, you have an idea of how crazy this week has been for me.

I was shocked and terrified by the shootings at Fort Hood and Orlando, made personal by knowing people at both locations. (They are all ok) As for the Orlando shooter, I say put him down like the dog he is. I usually don't have very strong political feelings but this pisses me off. His lawyer is already making excuses for him and saying that he is mentally disturbed and has had a rough time. Well no shit. Seriously, man up and take some responsibility for your actions. I've been laid off TWICE this year and you don't see me even considering crap like this. He thinks he had it tough? Tell that to the people who had their father, fiance, and son stolen from them for no freaking reason. The jerk wad had NO right to do this. None. No excuses should be made for him. Period. End of sentence, paragraph and story.

I was laid off recently and even finding open positions to apply for has been nex t to impossible. Luckily, Gaylord Palms has been giving me enough shifts to (barely) cover necessary expenses. Most of the shifts I've been able to get are third or second shifts, so I've adjusted to a related sleep schedule. I go to bed sometime between 6 and 8 in the morning and wake up in early afternoon.  I kinda like it, actually.

Yes, what you heard and hoped for has finally come to be. I am once again single. It was a rough break up and hard to do, but I truly believe it's for the best. Why? I want to be loved, but not too quickly; held, but not too tightly. I want to be important, but not everything; paid attention to, but not watched.

I am doing NaNoWriMo again this year and for the first time ever, I am behind pace! It's terrifying but I hope to catch up tomorrow.

On a brighter note, a lovely young lady I met at the FWA conference is now represented by super agent Colleen Lindsay. I've really only had one full conversation with Lisa Iriarte, but she (along with her husband) was the most memorable and helpful of everyone at the conference. Everyone raves about her writing and she's so down to earth. Look out for this chick because I'm sure she's going to have an awesome writing career!

I've written the bulk of this post on my cell phone while watching a hallway of air blowers, but my thumb started cramping up so I'm finishing it now on my 3am lunch break.  I also wrote about 500 words earlier on my cell phone for NaNoWriMo and plan to write at least that many more later this morning.

So that's my week in a nutshell. What was yours like?

0 comments: