Sarah's Scribbles

The Year of Months

Job Update - What Else?

April 29, 2009

I have an interview! It's for a job as (primarily) a grant writer for The American Lung Association in Orlando, FL. I had originally applied for a different position with them, but the ED seemed to think I would be more suited for this one. I’m very excited, in case you couldn’t tell.

K graduates on the 10th and we should be moving into our apartment on the 15th. I am also very excited about that – and the new graduation present I just thought of for her!

Brigid’s Cross is starting to take over part of my mind again. I’ll have to really set to work on it when I get moved in. It’s just so hard to concentrate here for more than a few hours. I did get a chance to write a new SF short story that has been floating around in my head for a few weeks. It’s currently in first draft mode, being read by a few people I trust who volunteered for the job. :-) Let me know if you’d like to read it after revision. This may be my first submittal to Asimov’s... hey, a girl can dream!

We met with a website design guy this morning for The Center’s new website. I wrote the copy a few weeks ago and I would love to see a new website launched before I leave here, but we’ll see... They’re convinced they’re going to have difficulties without me here, but I think they’ll be alright. I’ve agreed to write the newsletters/copy for them from a distance and be available by phone when needed.

Well, that’s it for now. Back to work for me!

0 comments: